If your Subway Surfers game is stuck on the launch screen or doesn't play, it means your device probably has no free memory space or is not supported. Let's dive more into it.
How to check a device's memory and free up space?
For Android users:
- Device Maintenance or Maintenance or Storage
- Choose Internal Storage and remove applications you rarely use
For iPhone users:
- iPhone Storage and remove apps you don't use
If you still experience the same issue, you can disconnect the internet on your device (go offline) and try to open the game again. If it is successful, then please get your account information and submit a request below to contact our Support Team. Select 'Bugs&Performance' in the 'Ticket type' of that request.
Your account information is important for us to know as it will help speed up the process of resolving your inquiry, along with any additional information that would be helpful in solving your request.
To retrieve your account information, you’ll need to do the following:
1. In the game, open the Settings menu by tapping on the Cogwheel icon in the upper left corner of the Home screen.
2. Tap on the version number located in the bottom right corner of the Settings menu.
3. A notification ‘Copied Info To Clipboard’ will appear if done correctly.
4. Along with your message, please paste the copied information into the 'Submit a request' form below